When Facebook first started, people could only communicate with each other by posting on their walls. As this platform developed, people could send and receive messages and make phone calls to each other across the globe.
The technology, however, isn’t always perfect as sometimes you send a message and it’s not delivered. There are several reasons why your message was unable to be sent. It’s important to know why and what you can do about it. In this article, we are going to discuss some of these issues and how to solve them. Let us go ahead dive into the problem!
What does sent mean?
Before we dive into the issue, what does sent but not delivered mean? It essentially means that the message has left your phone but is yet to be received by theirs. This can get a little more complicated if they have blocked you but we go into that in more detail below.Check Price on Amazon
- One of the reasons your message is sent and not delivered is that the receiver ignored, unread, or deleted your messages without opening them. If they ignored the message, it would still usually show up as delivered but this isn’t always the case.
- The recipient could be logged out of Facebook messenger, or they do not have immediate access to messenger. Once they log into the messenger on their PC or phone, the message will show as “delivered”.
- When you message somebody who is not on your “friends” list, the message might be in a queue unless approved by the recipient. The statement will show as sent but not delivered.
- Poor internet connection is also one of the reasons a message is not getting delivered. It is always a good idea to check the internet connection before sending out an important message.
- If the recipient has read the message through the notification, it will not show as read and may not be shown as delivered. The status will not change because the message has not been opened yet. This is rare as it should be shown to you as delivered.
- Your message could be labeled as “spam” or pushed to the recipient’s spam folder by accident. If that is the case, then the message is getting sent by you but not getting delivered to the recipient.
All these issues can be resolved using few simple techniques:
- Sometimes the problem is merely poor internet connection. If the recipient is having an issue receiving messages, they can restart their router or connect to a different WiFi. If they are on your phone, they can check to see if the WiFi connection has been broken or if they have reception.
- Sometimes the recipient is dormant on Facebook. The right solution can be to check their last activity or status on Facebook and make sure they are active. If not, try to send them a message via other means.
- Facebook is always releasing new updates for its platform (The Facebook app and the Facebook Messenger app). If your Facebook app is not updated, it may act differently. To check for updates:
- Go to the App store on your phone.
- Tap on the “updates” button on the lower corner of your screen.
- Look for the Facebook app and Messenger app on the screen and tap the updates button.
- If the button is highlighted in green, it means there is an update available for the app.
- Install any new updates available, then try to send the message again.
- Uninstalling and installing the app again can also help. To do so:
- Tap the app button on your screen, all the apps will start to wiggle, and an “x” will appear on the upper right corner of each app. To uninstall the app, simply tap on the “x”. A message will appear on your screen. Tap on the delete app button, and the app will be deleted. When you are done, press the home button of your device.
- To install the app again, go to the app store of your device and look for the app by typing the name in the search bar/search engine. Tap on the application and hit “install app”. When the app is finished installing, go to the app and try sending the message again.
- Last but not least, the problem could be that the recipient has blocked you. To find out if you have been blocked, you can follow a few simple steps:
- Open the messenger app and go to the search bar.
- Type the person’s name to open their account.
- Write a brief message and send it. Check the send status.
- If the message does not go through and you see the notification that the person is not available, then it could mean that either you have been blocked by the recipient or the person is not active on Facebook.
- Try to go to the recipient’s profile on Facebook. If you cannot access it, it means you have been blocked, or the profile is deactivated.
- Another way to check if a particular recipient has blocked you is to send a message to as many active friends as you can and check if the message is delivered. If the message is delivered to everyone except that one recipient, then it means you could have been blocked by that person.
We should always keep in mind that the reason could also be straightforward before jumping into any negative conclusions. It could just be that they’ve gone to the movies and switched off their phone. You may think you have been blocked by the recipient but this is probably not the case.
If you find yourself in a situation where you think your messages are not getting delivered, look through the problems and the solutions given in this article. I hope this article and the explanation given above will help you solve the problems.
Sometimes it is just a simple technical issue that can be resolved by restarting your device, or the receiver could be logged out of Facebook. Always remember to respect everyone’s privacy and keep the conversion friendly on social media platforms!